Monday, June 06, 2011

Anti- Malware Software Plug

Just thought I'd plug this Malwarebytes Anti- Malware program I've been using the last few days. While it says "malware", it seems to detect and eliminate the conventional viruses as well. I can't be sure but I'm wondering if it even works better than the Zonealarms anti- virus and firewall I've been using for some time.

I ran into a nasty and persistent virus problem a few days ago and stumbled on to MWAW while trying to get rid of it. Doing some research I found a number of people recommending MWAW as a way to remove the virus that Zonealarms could detect but supposedly not remove.


To make a long story short, it does seem to have helped more than Zonealarms but I'm not sure I've gotten completely rid of the virus yet. MWAW does seem to keep things under control a bit more, though, and it just detected a trojan a few minutes ago that Zonealarms seemed to have missed.

You can use the free version of MWAW, or pay for the registered version. I'm using the free two week trial of the full version now and think I'll be paying for it, eventually. I say eventually because at this point I think I'm going to reformat my hard drive if for no other reason than the virus disabled Windows Automatic Updates and I've been unable to restore them. Reformatting seems the best option at this point.

Give it a try. Get it up and running and do a deep scan of your hard drive. You may be surprised at what it finds.Link

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Microsoft Security Essentials does an excellent job, and it's free. I no longer feel a need to run third party anti-virus/malware software.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home