Friday, September 19, 2008

Anon.r Dead?

Can it be true? Did our very own Anon.r, blogger at Super Happy Fun Blog, meet his demise?

I'd taken his blog out of my bookmarks a month or so ago because he hadn't posted in over a month. Went back there today to see if he'd posted anything new and he still hadn't- the last post being made July 23. Checked the comments on his last post and found this:

"We regret to inform you that the man known as Anon.R.mous died a hero while fighting a blaze in southern California. His name is being witheld at the request of family, nontheless I will say that he was a firefighter often sent to many places in the country both to fight fires and train others to fight fires. He died a hero, and will be fondly remembered by those who knew him."

Is this for real? The only thing that makes me wonder is I got the impression he lived in Arcata and I don't recall hearing of any locals that were killed in this summer's fires. I was also under the impression that he was a truck driver since he'd be gone for periods of time. Maybe he wasn't?

8 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that he was a pot grower due to some comments he made in his very own blog about making more money in one week than most people make in a year. Do firefighters make good scratch in short periods?

Regardless, the guy is a real a$$hole, and while I don't wish him dead, the local blogosphere is a better place without him.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Bravo has one less stalker.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Rose said...

I like(d) him very much - whoever he was.

I wondered where he's been. I'm very sorry to hear this. Very.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon.r.mous was Nick Bravo, dummy.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I dunno, man, I can't find anything online, so this may be a really, really good blog joke.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Maybe. But I was actually wondering why he hadn't even made a comment in so long.

Perhaps he decided to ditch us all?

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, it's his way of bowing out with a joke that leaves people wondering if maybe he was a "hero". Let's see the proof. Where's the name, where's the news story about the death.

Proof or it's fake.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jeff Kelley said...

Since he was a fictional character being played by a real person, I feel completely guilt free in celebrating his fictional death.

And to the actor who played him: get a better script writer for your next role.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home