Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Meth Lab: OH, MY GOD!

Sorry, but I think the story on this supposed meth lab that was found not far from my house in Eureka is a bunch of hype. The cops find it during a probation search, then claim it's so bad they have to call in help from out of the area to clean it up. Right.

It doesn't sound like there was much hazardous material there. If you look at the list of the items they found, most were just common household items, the exception being hydrochloric acid. The guy they arrested was living amongst the stuff unprotected, yet the police are shown in hazmat suits.

Not saying they shouldn't wear protection, but it seems to me it would be easy enough to dispose of most of that stuff. The small amount of toxic stuff could have been put in some sort of container and hauled off. Actual disposal might be a problem, but there didn't seem to be that much of it. Not that big of a deal the way I read the story.

Since they mentioned lack of funding for dealing with this sort of thing, I'm assuming this is more of a not- so- subtle plea to raise taxes?

6 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then Fred, better head over there and show them how its done!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

It sounds as if that out of county outfit already took care of it. I would have offered to do it, for a price.

I get the impression I could have taken all the hazardous waste that might have been there and dropped it off at the HWMA hazardous waste disposal depot for $5.00 next time they're open.

I think the hazardous waste place is open the first or second Saturday of each month.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since we have drug task force that steals hundreds of thousands of dollars from pot growers on a regular basis it sure seems as if they could fund whatever it takes to clean up the meth as well.

If only the meth makers were sitting on piles of cash---I'm sure it would become a priority then.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or be simple and dump the toxic wastes down the drain.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that would be Fred's approach 6:05

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I betcha Fred would leave it in a responsible businesses parking lot, & let them deal with it. I know people who do that with old paint cans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home