Monday, November 02, 2015

Voting Tomorrow?

Tomorrow is Election Day. As I wrote earlier here, the ballot I received in the mail only has one race on it: Humboldt County Board of Education, Trustee Area 4. I noted back then there doesn't seem to be any information available on either candidate, but a reader, Krristen Clifford, mentioned The Times- Standard has statements from both candidates. 

Not much there and nothing that seems relevant to education issues. About all I can do is figure what sort of occupation and personal history would be the best fit for the position. I'm a bit leery of voting for someone that includes a school administrator in her resume as Loretta Eckendrode does, but perhaps that's unfair. I'll decide by tomorrow if I end up voting.

Still no info I can find on the League of Women Voters' Smartvoter page. In fact, they say my precinct doesn't have anything on the ballot this time. They do have links to some special elections. I found the race in my precinct under the Schools link. Clicking on that race only takes me to the same info I have on my ballot. Oh well. Maybe next time?


1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

I didn't even get a ballot. Nor is any info available about the area boundaries. They must be large because Marc Rowley lives in Willow Creek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home