Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Eureka's Open Door Community Health Clinic

I've been sick for over a week now. No temperature but upset stomach and vomiting 24/7. The wife finally insisted I make an appointment to see my doctor. I felt there would be little a doctor could do but called anyway. I was unable to get past Hold on the phone with Redwood Family Practice ( now Redwood Community Health or some such, after merging with the Open Door Clinic). 

I manipulated the phone calling to the wife and she got through but my doctor was booked solid. She left a message, expecting a call back. They called back today only to suggest she go to the Open Door Clinic on Tydd Street, Eureka. She called Open Door and made an appointment.

We had a one o'clock appointment and got there a bit early. I was impressed with the place from the start. Very clean building with very few people in line. We checked in and were sent down the hall to the "blue" section. We checked in at Blue and waited maybe fifteen minutes before being called in.

The nurse took my blood pressure, temperature and body weight then we were led to an exam room where a doctor(?) showed up within a few minutes. I'm not sure what she was as she never said and didn't have a name tag. We discussed my condition and she recommended some medication, though she couldn't guarantee their efficacy. She also gave me the option of getting the medication injected right then. I accepted.

A nurse showed up in five or so minutes and gave me the shot. Then we went down the hall to the lab where I had blood drawn at the doctor's request. The blood draw was quick, relatively painless and off we went headed home. As I write this I think I feel a little better, although maybe a little less steady on my feet. Maybe the shot worked?

I was pleasantly surprised at that clinic. No mobs of riff- raff that I'd expected and the place was clean, quiet and seemed well organized. The wife seemed to agree suggesting maybe we should go there from now on instead of Redwood Family Practice. Time will tell if I'll switch practices but, from what I've seen so far, I just might.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Open door takes cash too, in exchange, costs are less because non cash billings cost more to recoup.

Fred, smoke some 15%+ thc embedded weed, should help on stomach pains and prepping for food.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Some guy named "Kemp" did a Marci Kitchen hit and run, less the death.

Only vehicle collision Kym Kemp has yet to report about this year.

Wonder if ole FemiNazi KKK RedHeadedBlackbelt has a family member with a last name of Kemp living in Fortuna...like a son maybe?

How aweful, Kym Kemps progressivised liberal public employee drivel about all things, yet she won't print a negative community activity commited by her last name.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Rusty said...

I thought the same about that "Accident" . Get well soon Fred, Let us know how Dr.HOJ's RX works out for ya.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better today Fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home