Monday, August 08, 2005

I Quit!!!

No, not me. I just didn't know what else to use for the title of this post.

I'm referring to the latest to come out of the Taxpayer's League debacle. Some of the biggies in the Taxpayer's League have said they'll resign if the Board of Directors doesn't add some items they want to the agenda of this week's League meeting. I guess I don't blame them and wonder how many others will follow suit? Not much point in being part of an organization if you don't agree with what they're doing and have no say in the matter. If enough of the membership walks, the League might lose even more clout, although there's no way of knowing just how much has been lost already, if any.

Will I "resign"? I don't know that I need go that far. I never really considered myself a member as I'm simply allowed membership for maintaining the League web page. I've only been to two meetings over the last two or three years. I suppose I'll keep doing the web page just to stay in the loop. It might get a bit boring if the League ends up just consisting of the handful on the Board of Directors. Then again, some would say it's always been just the Board of Directors for at least the last few years.

Stay tuned. I believe the Directors meet in closed session today to decide whether they'll add those items to the meeting agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home