Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another Fifteen Minutes

Yet another fifteen minutes of fame for me, and Eric- both of us getting mention in Rich Sommerville's hard copy version of a blog.

What fun. I'll admit being a bit perplexed when I first read the column. I was just scanning through it and thought he attributed "Mr. Somerville is obviously threatened by the blogosphere" to me. I then realized my comment was quoted after my name was.

Had me going for a second there, though. I was thinking "When did I ever write that?".

Anyway, since Eric got first mention, I guess that makes him King of the Humboldt Bloggers for 2007.

8 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

King of ROTR bloggers maybe.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

What I don't understand is why he once again quoted people without giving a link back to the blog which it came from. I know the T-S hasn't stopped by my blog lately.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"King of ROTR bloggers maybe.".

Well, I do think the ROTR and Mateel threads have been beaten to death there, at least for people that don't live in SoHum.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

I guess ROTR is a big thing or something.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTR has been an exercise in greed for years. The only people defending people productions and their clan, are on the gravy train. Perhaps they got some of the many missing millions. Anyway, who is Eric?

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like PP wants to keep more of the money, which makes sense. It is disrespectful to Reggae's roots though. And you cant just ignore a contract. My guess is ROTR will survive for another year or two to fulfill contractual obligations, but the bottom line is the festival is held on private land and Dimmick ultimately holds all the cards.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric's the guy with the boner.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure has been interesting to see everybody make a claim to ROTR. Dimmick is the only one who would win either way, if he just stayed out of the sniveling. He has chosen his side however, and if i'm not mistaken, is currently involved in litigation. Poorly played cards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home