Friday, November 23, 2007

Anons Now Allowed To Comment

As I mentioned in a comment below, I didn't realize I'd set comments up for registered users only back when I went to comment moderation. I knew comments had dropped off but hadn't noticed there's been no anonymous comments for some time.

Taking a look at the admin page for comments, I see I did, indeed, allow only registered users to comment. For the life of me, I don't remember doing that. I just remember enabling moderation.

Anyway, against my better judgment, I've set it now so anons can make comments. Comments are still moderated, though. I say against my better judgment if only because I kind of like the way it's been so peaceful and quiet around here lately.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Fred, a left a comment yesterday on your post, "What a difference", and it hasn't yet appeared. Could it be stuck in your spam filter?

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

No. Probably what happened was I mistook it for one that was already posted. I get a bit confused with the comments coming to my inbox and sometimes think it was one I already approved. They all look the same except the orignials have a link below the comment to accept or reject. Just looking at the inbox at the e-mail titles, they all look the same.

Try sending it again.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Carol said...

OK, Fred.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Hey, Fred...I had noticed over at Rose's place, you must have half the anons in the Country living up there in Humboldt.

Damm big family they got, too. Seems like you oughta give 'em first names, so they're anons, but like billyanon, daisyanon, canonanon, you know........

Was I just here?
G'nite,
Wollf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home