Monday, December 31, 2007

Eureka Reporter Starts E- Edition Today

That's probably not the right way to title this. The Reporter has had an e- edition for a while, not to mention their web site. But starting today they won't be delivering the hard copy of their paper on Mondays and Tuesdays. You'll have read the Reporter online on those two days from now on.

Problem is, I just tried to go to their web site a couple times and get one of those "Unable To Connect" messages. Not a good start on this project, huh?

Oh well. Maybe it will be up and running again after I get done reading the Times- Standard.

7 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Hmmm...I'm wondering if maybe their site is being overwhelmed by all the additional traffic since no hard copy this morning?

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Rose said...

It was up briefly last night, it's a whole different format and didn't seems anywhere near as user friendly. Now the site is down. This new plan is a bad idea, in my opinion, even if the site was up.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Looks like the site is up now. Taking me some time to figure out where everything is.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Hayduke said...

Very tedious and difficult to navigate. The Internet is a different Medium than the printed page. This is doomed to failure in my opinion.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not very user friendly, couldn't read my favorite comics at all. Guess I will just have to make do with the Monday and Tuesday editions of the Times-Standard for now!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Still can't get there is www. is in the url. Where's the SEARCH feature? Do all the old links still work?

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The E-Edition of the Eureka Reporter is not worth the trouble of trying to navigate, IMHO.

Also, at registration, the ER requires you to acknowledge that it reserves the right to send you "Mass E-mails" whether you want them or not.

The Times-Standard e-edition, on the other hand, is a joy to use and doesn't tell me it will push me around regardless of my wishes.

Don't take my word for it.

See for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home