Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gallegos For The Prosecution?

How weird. Why do I find Gallegos deciding to prosecute the Douglas/ Zanotti case weird?

It must be because, in the past, it seems most folks in Gallegos' position in an incident usually recuse themselves from participating in its investigation or prosecution. Gallegos was there right in the aftermath of the shooting. I would think that might be cause for him to stay away from this case under normal conditions.

I can't help but wonder if he's hoping somewhere during the process that he'll be forced to recuse himself from the trial? That way he comes out looking like the hero: He tried to take the case to save someone else in his office from a difficult trial, but the powers that be wouldn't let him take the case. What a guy, huh?

What is he thinking?

But, then I have to wonder what will happen if he ends up staying on and no one interferes? From what I understand, Gallegos was a mediocre lawyer when he was in private practice. Then again, it has been pointed out he's won all the murder cases he's taken on since he's been D.A. (although I'm not sure that means all that much).

While I suspect having Gallegos remain the prosecutor might benefit Douglas and Zanotti, it might be that the make up of the jury will the most important thing in the case outcome when all is said and done.

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Rose said...

This is the best thing that could happen for the officers involved. Maybe no one else in the office would take the case - or maybe he thinks he will get great national publicity out of it.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up and coming the Blog which tells the Truth about malicious conduct of numerous legal professionals. The first topic will cover the Arnot’s Law firm participation in a black mail fraud case and their refusal to follow the guidelines of the American Bar Association. I had been a client of theirs since 2004. Our relationship ended May of 2007. This law firm has breached the Models Rules of Professional Conduct and Model Code of Professional Responsibility. They have slandered me to the court in hopes that I would remain silent. At this time I have been forced to represent myself without my complete file. As of today, they continue to refuse to give my file.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Well, then 10:34, you should not be anonymous.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

”If my doing my job and fulfilling my legal responsibility to this community makes you unhappy, then you are going to be unhappy with me.”

--Paul Gallegos, 2007

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10:34,
why post a comment with so much info as "anonymous"?

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As to winning 2 or 3 murder trials I don't think it's good judge of PVG's ability in court. He was able to cherry pick the winners and assign the others out. Homicide's are given the highest priority with law enforcement and DA's. There are more resources dedicated to homicides that other cases, less of a chance something was overlooked. As I heard it the homicide cases PVG took to trial were all worked up by other DDA's and he just took them to the finish line. And please correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul was, and will be again, a mediocre defense attorney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home