Monday, July 21, 2008

Sequoia Park Zoo Fees Coming

Looks like people are going to have to start paying to go to the Sequoia Park Zoo pretty soon. I've said before that user fees seem like one of the fairer ways to pay for things. I don't know about the proposed four dollars, though. I was thinking maybe one or two bucks.

I tend to agree with those who think the entrance fees will reduce the number of people going to the zoo. How much, I don't know but, with people struggling to make ends meet because of high fuel and food prices I could see a significant reduction.

Then again, under the proposed fees, there seems to be quite a few exceptions or discounts to the fees. That includes
"No one refused for inability to pay, no questions asked". I can't help but wonder how many people will beg into that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home