Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lefties & Prop 1A

Boy, are the arguments for and against Prop 1A coming out of the woodwork? I'm seeing them all over the place. This is one of those rare instances where it seems even the hard- core Left can't agree on an issue.

On one hand, we have Steve Maviglio arguing the Left should support 1A, well... as best I can read him... because it pretty much maintains the status quo. Again; that's if I'm reading him right.

Next, we have Phil Angeledes saying vote NO to 1A because, well......I guess he's saying it won't allow the state to spend more money. He seems to think the answer to the state's fiscal problems is to give Democrats more control by removing the 2/3 majority requirement and, if 1A fails, Democrats just might win that battle.

I certainly don't think we should try and maintain the status quo or try to spend more. Reading their arguments has me more confused than ever as to how I'll vote on it. I've been thinking of just standing aside on 1A, as the greens like to say, and not vote on that one. I might just stick with that.

6 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger samoasoftball said...

The Democratic Party is not endorsing 1A. We took a vote on that while I was not at a party there.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I know.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger mresquan said...

Yes on A!!Fred,are you still leaning towards standing aside?

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Well, I was thinking of standing aside but, since you told me to vote YES, I guess I'll have to vote YES.

NOT! I'll likely stand aside.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Carol said...

What a confusing mess!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Dan Weintraub's look at Prop 1C this morning might actually apply to all the Props, in one way or another, except 1F:

http://tinyurl.com/cfe4rj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home