Friday, May 15, 2009

Stand Aside

I'm thinking more and more that's what I should of done instead of voting YES on Prop 1A. Too late now, although I still have my filled out ballot on hand. This commentary in the Sacramento Bee is the latest one to make me question how I voted.

Then again, this commentary by Dan Walters makes me think it really won't matter in the end how anyone votes in this election. We're doomed, regardless.

As always, if asked for a login to the Sacramento Bee web site, you can use humboldtlib for a username and blogspot for a password.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call the Elections Dept. to see if you can get another by picking it up there. I think many times people mismark absentee ballots and can get another one if you can show you haven't voted yet.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

You can get a new ballot if you make a mistake. It says so in the instructions. I'm not going to bother. I'd rather of stood aside on that one but I don't know that it matters which way I voted on it in the whole scheme of things.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Rose said...

If the Bush/Gore election didn't show people that their vote DOES matter, nothing will.

We keep having these 50/50 elections, Fred. One vote can make the difference. It matters.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Maybe one or two votes could tip the scales and get a measure to win or lose but, in the case of Prop 1A, I'm not sure it will make much difference if the measure wins or loses.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prop 1A won't fix the budget shortfall now that it has been reported at $23 instead of $15. We just get to pay highter taxes for what? If there is any money to spend, it will be spent. That has been the problem for quite a while.

California should negotiate drug costs with the manufacturers like some other states do and it would save the state a lot in MediCal costs and probably those on Medicare would get savings also.

With the world-wide financial crisis I don't think raising taxes will do much. A higher State sales tax will just have people stop spending as there are too many unemployed now to purchase cars, and the new stuff that gets taxed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home