Friday, March 12, 2010

Hislop At The Garberville Rotary

Not sure just how revealing this speech Mike Hislop recently gave at the Fortuna Rotary is. It doesn't seem he's that good of a public speaker so it's hard to understand some of what he's saying. I can't pick on him for that since I'm a horrific public speaker myself, but some of the stuff he says just seems odd to me.

For instance, remarking on the billion dollar state deficit and how it might get worse yet he brings in more money from elsewhere to hire more people. Just seems kind of weird to me.

Or buying Harley Davidson motorcycles for Eureka P.D. because "...they're a great P.R. tool".

Again, kind of tough to understand what he was trying to say at times, but at least more understandable than Paul Gallegos' past My Word columns.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Rose said...

He likes the big guns and the toys.

AR-15s and matching Carharrt gear for his and Gallegos' assault team - to make their asset forfeiture raids more fun.

Tell me why the D.A.s office needs big guns?

And who exactly is the target of asset forfeiture raids? Big supporters of Gallegos must be completely mystified, if they are paying attention. I don't know who Hislop's supporters are.

I still say the two of them oughtta open up a "Cold Case Detective Agency." You never know, they might really be good at it. They could hire someone to run the office, since Gallegos isn't good at that, and they could order up AR-15s to beat the band.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger mresquan said...

The speech you linked to was given at the Garberville Rotary,not Fortuna.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Yep, Garberville Rotary.

Mike Downey will be the program next tuesday.

The Rotary Club endorces no candidates, ever. But, we listen a lot!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

He likes the big guns and the toys.

I do, too. If I was in his position I might want the free AR15, but it's not something really pertinent to a D.A. investigator's job.

Garberville Rotary,not Fortuna..

Thanks. I corrected that in my mind already once, then forgot about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home