Friday, April 08, 2011

It's Cold

I asked earlier if anyone knew when the latest recorded frost for Eureka was. No one seems to know. I just looked and I can't find a date, either, but I did find this one table that shows the record highs and lows for Eureka by month.

According to weather.com, it's 30 degrees in Eureka as I write this and we have the remnants outside of a light frost. I'm not sure if that meets the criteria of a "latest frost". The table I linked to above shows the record low for April as being 31 degrees in 1895. Looks like we might have beat that. The forecast is for a high of 54 degrees today which will be below the average of 57 degrees for this month.

I hope they're wrong and it's warmer. I hate this cold weather. My biggest concern now is we'll have a cool, if not cold, summer. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that. I can't take any more of this constantly cold weather. At least it seems really cold to me.

As an aside, it really makes me feel old when I'm outside freezing my ass off and I see teenagers walking around in t- shirts. At least yesterday, with that damned wind, I saw the younger folks were also wearing coats.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Capt' Obvious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home