Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Rainy Season Starts?

Maybe. We've had over 2 inches of rain since the other night when the rain started. I hope this means an end to watering the things in my back yard until next summer. We'll need to remind those who water their lawns to turn off the water, too.

You may laugh but my experience has been that those Keep up with the Jones types determined to have the greenest lawn aren't concerned about the cost of the water they use and often leave their water timers on after the rain starts.

I remember once going to mow a guy's back yard in late October or November. It had been raining for some weeks but as I drove up I noticed his sprinklers on. No big deal for him as he had money to burn.

I'm just hoping we still have our Indian Summer to look forward to. Seems to me the usual pattern is for it to rain for a week or two at the beginning of the season, then it stops and we have a week or two of nice warm weather before winter sets in. I hope it hasn't already happened. I don't want winter to start just yet.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rainy season officially starts November 10, 2011.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home