Thursday, August 23, 2012

Poll: Best Humboldt Blog

John, over at the Like You've Got Something Better To Do blog is asking for help. He wants everyone to go to this North Coast Journal poll and vote him in as the Best Humboldt Blog. I'll go along with that. I find his blog entertaining- pictures are often hilarious, albeit sometimes overdone- and he posts often enough.

I can't really vote for this blog, can I? It would be a bit tacky to vote for one's own blog, although it is tempting.

Problem is, none of us can take the poll as I write this. When you try, you get a message that you've already taken the poll which I most certainly haven't! My guess is that the poll was mistakenly set up to recognize cookies from prior visits to the NCJ web site as meaning you've already taken the poll? Then again, I'm not sure that the others have been to the NCJ site before as I have so maybe that's not it?

I'm sure they'll fix that after reading about the problem here. Once they do, I hope you'll join me in voting LYGSBTD as the #1 Humboldt blog.
~~~~~~
As an aside, Marc Matteoli stopped by last night and asked me if I knew of any "conservative" Humboldt blogs. Not sure why and didn't ask. I was stumped by the question, though.

Hmmm??? I'd forgot about Rose's Coffee Shop blog, but I'm not sure that's what he was looking for. I think Marc wanted something more local.

I finally came up with John Chiv's blog- wherever that one is- but pointed out that was just a collection of opinion pieces he wrote in the Times- Standard and didn't accept comments. I don't think that's what Marc was looking for, either.

I'm still stumped. Am I forgetting one? Help me out here.


10 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://humboldtmirror.wordpress.com/6 poprover

I see why you don't get comments, I can't read the security words!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Henchman Of Justice" says,

Fred,

it is partly true for some people that the security method kinda sucks. Anyhow, your a good man not to vote for yourself - conflict of interest. People in elections as candidates should also not vote for themself, but alas, many do to win because being ethical is not in those candidates' mental framework. - HOJ

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I often can't read them, either. Here, or elsewhere. I hate that CAPTCHA thing. There are better ways to do it.

But that's not why I don't get many comments. What can be said when I'm almost always right? I often get the last word, although I'm not sure that's always a good thing.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Oh, the Humboldt Mirror? I suppose but that sometimes seems even more childish that some of the stuff on Humboldt Herald.

I'm assuming Marc was looking for actual conservative commentary on local stuff, not just barbs.

Then again, I do know one Republican gal that has expressed enjoyment of the Mirror.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We're sorry. You have already taken this survey."

Umm, no I haven't! So much for democracy...

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, someone please paste a list of the blogs in the poll, seeing as how I've been prevented from participating.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

We can't paste them if we can't see them!

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Andrew Goff said...

Hey Fred,

'Tis true we had some issues earlier this week with the problem you described above. We think we solved it. Perhaps. Maybe.

So, try this link:

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e68ow29zh5n12ti8/start

If that doesn't work. Let us know. I will mention, of course, there are paper ballots in each issue of the NCJ from now until the poll closes. But ya, I get it. Online is better. Bear with us, I guess?

Also, as far as conservative bloggage is concerned, KINS has started putting up their daily community comments and Talk Shops. No commenting, but I'm sure they'll get there.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ok. It works now.

Wow! Talk about having NO LIFE! I could only answer a few of the questions.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous john Hardin said...

I'm flattered Fred. Thank you very much for your help and expertise on the computer glitch. It seems like they've got it straightened out. Thanks again, John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home