Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The November Election

I received my absentee ballot in the mail yesterday. Only one office up for grabs on my ballot: Humboldt County Board of Education, Trustee Area 4. Only two candidates: Lorretta Eckenrode and Bernadette Arwood. That should be a real cat fight, huh?

But seriously, I just went to the League of Women Voters' Smartvoter site to see if there's any info on these two. Nope, not yet anyway. They both have Facebook pages but nothing pertinent there, either. Not sure I just want to blindly choose one or the other. Unless more info shows up, I might just skip this one.

4 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could return your ballot without marking either candidate, showing that you believe that having elections is a good thing even if no race inspires you.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Erna67 said...

I hate voting when I haven't any information on the candidates. I did find that Loretta received the Excellence in Teaching award in 2014 and that she is now retired. I couldn't find anything on Bernadette.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.times-standard.com/article/NJ/20150921/NEWS/150929976 This has their statements.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger beachcomber said...

Election morning, Fred, and still nothing on these candidates. Flyin' blind is no way to hold an election. I'll go to the polls but may not check a box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home