Saturday, November 21, 2015

Do You Get S.A.D.?

Last night's KIEM TV News poll asks if you are impacted by Seasonal Affective Disorder- Those changes people go through with the seasons. I know it's gotten worse with me as I've gotten older. I voted Yes.

It started with me this year right before Daylight Saving Time, once the weather started cooling down. It didn't help having some other chronic physical ailments. I don't know that those ailments necessarily got worse but, with S.A.D., it made them harder to ignore. Now I don't even want to leave the house, especially on cool, damp days like today. But, go out I must.

I'll also blame S.A.D. for my infrequent blog posts of late. I don't seem to have the mental energy to write much. 

Do you think you're affected by S.A.D? 


3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use full-spectrum bulbs in all my lamps. This has several effects:

1. Casts my home in a more natural, brighter light.

2. Doesn't yellow my lampshades and other vulnerable materials over years of exposure to traditional yellow CFL lights. Look on the side of your lampshades that face the CFL bulb. Are they yellow yet?

3. Helps my house plants.

4. Probably helps with S.A.D. to a degree.

I buy 'em at Pierson's. Conversely, the super inexpensive CFL and LED lights sold at Costco go bad in 1 to 2 years in my experience. I do use the cheap yellow CFL for bathroom lights.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

I definitely have S.A.D. Have for years. My infrequent blog posts are due to laziness and the degenerating world situation though.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year has also been the worse in a long time. Hard to stay motivated and sleeping a lot. Even got a little depressed when the time was first rolled back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home