Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lorretta Sanchez For U.S. Senate?

The Sacramento Bee takes a look at this year's U.S. Senate race, the incumbent, Barbara Boxer, retiring this year (finally!).I haven't really thought much about this one. Maybe because the two main candidates are democrats I figured I wouldn't vote in that race.

But the Bee gave Sanchez a pretty good wirite up, or so it seemed to me. That actually makes me suspicious of her as I'm well aware of the Bee's authoritarian politics. One of those things where, if they like her, I most likely won't. Then again, Sanchez' main opponent, Kamala Harris, got the endorsement of the state's democrats which is pretty much the same kind of thing.

Sanchez, who holds a seat in the U.S. House, voted against the invasion of Iraq. That's a good thing, especially since she actually did it and won't be just saying she would have. That's important, yet I don't yet know Harris' stand on that. Unlike Sanchez, Harris can say she whatever she wants- assuming she thinks it will get her more votes.  Military intervention is my big issue in the November election but, in this case, considering either of them on that issue alone is more a toss of the coin. 

I might not even vote at all in that race, but it's still early.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Military intervention is a big issue in this election? Are you sure about that?

The only anti-intervention candidate is Bernie Sanders and he's getting slaughtered at the polls. Hillary Clinton voted for the war and is clearly a willful player in the military industrial complex. Yet she's winning.

Now here's the main reason I disagree with your premise. Donald Trump's rise really happened after the Paris attacks, when we started being an interventionist in his speeches.

I'm afraid that the American public is salivating at the mouth for another war. Or five. War is entertainment, job creation and boosts national pride. All at once. Football games only provide a certain amount of violence. Americans want it to go one step further and see some blood from some brown people.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the notification, I'll put in some research time.
There are over 460 seats up for bid. We have a lot of research to do.
With that said, a decent man, who cherishes the Constitution but still learning every day, Tim Donelley, is running for Congress!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home