Saturday, August 16, 2014

Getting Away With Murder

This Sacramento Bee article has a map showing which California counties solve the most murders. Humboldt does pretty well, but that assumes we've found all the bodies.
*******
After I first moved here I was told more than once there's any number of bodies buried out on the North Jetty. How they knew that is anybody's guess. I chalked it up to just talk.

I was in the National Guard a bit later and we were out at the North Jetty Coast Guard station doing some sort of training. I grabbed a shovel and started digging when I hit something. It seemed to be a plastic garbage bag with either animal or people remains in it. Didn't see or feel any bones so probably just someone burying the remains of a deer or some such. I wasn't sure though. I just covered it up and started digging elsewhere.

How many bodies are out there?

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Fred, that may have been Amelia Earhart you almost dug up. You'd have been set for life instead of working this crummy blog and posting freebies on Craigslist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home