Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Taxpayer's League Getting Slammed

Disclosure: I'm the webmaster for the Humboldt Taxpayer's League.

Whew! The Humboldt Taxpayer's League sure is getting slammed by just about everyone over their lawsuit against those two developers. Both the Eureka Reporter and the Times Standard have not so complimentary stories on the League and the lawsuit in today's issues. Yesterday, Dolores Vellutini, one of the defendents in the lawsuit, placed a full page ad in the Times Standard slamming the League's Board of Directors which was quite nicely done, I thought.

From what I can see, I don't blame those who are pissed off over the lawsuits. It really gets my goat to see people file lawsuits without trying to resolve a problem informally first.

I'd also like to know how the Board of Directors of the League proposes developement and redevelopement in Eureka be handled, as opposed to the way it was handled in the matter at issue? Seems to me it's there's always gonna be some wheeling and dealing between the City and developers- that's the nature of the beast. How are they suggesting it be done as opposed to the way it was done? I wonder if they have an answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home