Saturday, August 13, 2005

Down With Democracy

I've said before that I'm no great fan of democracy. I stumbled on to another like minded thinker when I visited the Sierra Times this morning. Lady Liberty, as she goes by, wrote this nice little piece on democracy vs. freedom. Well done! I'll be looking forward to reading more of her thoughts. Unfortunately, the link to an older piece she wrote, Who's Afraid Of Liberty, is dead but I made mention of the dead link in the comments section and I'll keep checking back for more good stuff.

Sierra Times dubs itself "The Internet Publication For REAL Americans". I don't know about that but I used to visit the site regularly until the main webmaster/ news dude, J.J. Johnson (or is it JohnsTon?) got a full time job at some TV or radio station. Then, updating the site was done piecemeal and it seemed, more often than not, that it was never updated. Then, a few months ago, they announced they were gonna try to get things going again so I started checking back more often. Some good commentary on that site regarding freedom issues and assorted news stories of the day are mixed in as well. Political thought seems to be oriented toward libertarian, probably leaning toward the right to religious right at times, depending on the author. Some of the writers seem to be Constitution/ American Independent types, but I guess that would fit in with the right/ religious right, wouldn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home