Monday, April 03, 2006

Pink Pistol Video

I'll have to admit to not knowing much about these video web sites popping up on the internet nowadays. I ran into this one after following a link on the CalNews.com forums. The video clip featured is one by the gay pro- gun rights group, The Pink Pistols.

My comment was, assuming that clip was part of a longer video, they should see if they can get it aired on some local community access TV stations. That assumes they haven't already done so.

I went ahead and registered with that site although I'm not sure just what to make of it. It does seem to be one of those video blogs I keep hearing about. I'll have to figure out some way to make use of it.

As an aside; I used to be a strong supporter of Gun Owners of America. Their head honcho, Larry Pratt, is probably the most articulate defender of gun rights I've ever seen or heard.

Years ago GOA, along with a number of other gun rights groups, started a petitioning effort to the powers that be- I forget if it was congress or some federal agency- over some federal gun law proposal. I can't remember what the specific issue was.

They get an unprecedented number of groups to sign on to the effort and they all sign some petition to whomever asking them to stop the proposed law. The Pink Pistols was one of the groups that had their name on the petition. GOA, seeing the Pink Pistols on the same list with their organization, had the GOA name removed.

They didn't want to be seen alongside a non- politically correct group. So, bite off your nose to spite your face, huh? I'll never understand people and organizations that won't gain an ally simply because they have other issues they disagree on.

I stopped contributing to GOA after that. It wasn't so much their pulling their name off the petition, although that had me seeing red . It was mostly because I wasn't able to contribute as much to any organization, as my financial situation deteriorated.

But, it did put them a bit lower on my list of organizations I'd be willing to sacrifice cash for.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again your wisdom shines through Fred. You are trully worthy of my respect.

*bites knuckle, slips back into the shadows*

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

Shut up Bravo.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to think everyone is Bravo these days. I bet you have a shrine to him and masturbate to his ugly mug on a nightly basis.
I suggest you get serious help immediately!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was pretty well known that Larry Pratt is a raging religious fundamentalist, and can't stand the idea of homosexual persons having the right to exist in a free society. I think that's why he pulled the GOA from that issue -- because he didn't want his organization associated with anything "godless queer abominations" were associated with, no matter how much good it would have done for RKBA and America.

Some people just can't leave their bigotry at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home