Sunday, April 02, 2006

Local GOP Back Online

Looks like all, or most, of the local political parties are back online now with the local Republicans getting their web page back up again. Seems to me they had one, off and on, over the years but the page would end up disappearing suddenly, only to reappear months, if not years, later. That's to be expected, I suppose. It takes someone dedicated to maintaining a web page to make it work well over time.

Same thing has happened with the local Democrat web page through the years, if memory serves me well. Their page seems to have been up pretty steady now for some time, though. We'll have to keep an eye out and see if it disappears all of the sudden again.

The Greens have a new page up. They've changed their page a number of times through the years, with it sometimes disappearing altogether as the others have. The Greens even list pages for some of the sub- units of the county party, like the Arcata and Eureka Greens. That's something I always wanted to do when the local LP was active: Get city oriented LP groups going, which is easier said than done.

I'll give all of them credit for having more interesting and attractive pages than my very own Humboldt LP web page. I'm not too creative and have little in the way of graphic skills so my page has stayed pretty much the same since it's inception. But, as far as staying power goes, my page has been up and running non- stop since I first put it up- probably over a decade ago- so the LP gets the prize for most continous web presence.

That's an easy prize to achieve, though, since I do next to nothing with it except add a section to the page each election season listing the LP candidates and stands on local and state ballot initiatives. Maybe one of these years I should just take that page down for a few months, then put it back up, so the Humboldt LP can be like the real political parties?

4 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, since you've got Anon.R's blog linked to in your "Other Local Blogs" sidebar, what do you think about this quote from Anon.R.mous:

"Guess what, I hope they kill more kids, I hope the bodies hit the floor in piles so damn high your little left-wing mind explodes into a urine-filled rage."

Is Anon.R.mous a buddy of yours, Fred?

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Sounds to me like both of you kind of lost it, assuming you're the one who went on the rant about U.S. soldiers murdering kids.

Either that, or he's just trying to get a bigger rise out of whomever he was arguing with.

People can say bizarre things when emotions run high.

I have Anon.r's blog listed because it's a local blog that deals with local issues most of the time.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

I liked this part better, but everyone tends to leave it out:


It's really too sad that no matter what you say or do, nothing is going to change, you aren't the hundredth monkey, you aren't the voice that makes things change, you aren't the next BIG THING. You are nothing more then a stinky hippie, typing on your eco-groovy mac, fighting the man, when the man doesn't even know you exist. How sad is that, the people who you are fighting agaist don't even know you are alive, and don't even care.


Frankly, I find anonymous' quote lust with that one quote of mine quite funny. It did what I planned it to do. His mind is blowing up, and he is full of rage. I also said it knowing that they would use it, because the age old quote "Think about the children!" runs true, when in doubt, toss in the word "Children" and nobody will go against it.

So I used that quote to turn anonymous into a muppet, and it has worked quite well. I remember went EarthFirst! back in their days when they had balls and weren't a social club for burnt out stinky hippies also had a thing against children pretty much saying "don't breed and don't be media whores" Well, they seem to be doing both now. Makes you wonder where the hardcore dirty hippies have gone. My guess is ELF.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Anon.R.mous. He brings us uber left wing whackaloons - more than that, he infuriates the uber left wing whackaloons. They're not that much fun to read, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home