Monday, May 08, 2006

Wireless In Humboldt

Bumped into this site yesterday, so I thought I'd give it a plug. It's a directory of places in Humboldt that offer free wireless internet connections. Pretty neat idea. Hopefully more businesses will add themselves to the list as I'm sure there's more than they list in Eureka that offer wireless.

I got the heads up on that site from yesterday's post on Chris Crawford's North Coast Tech Blog. There's been a lot of talk lately, not just here but around the country, about government doing something to promote universal wireless access, including government actually providing the access itself.

I don't really see a need for government to get involved, aside from dealing with any legal conflicts that arise. More and more businesses already are providing broadband access in one form or another. Give it a little time and it will likely be the exception rather than the rule to provide access to broadband.

I see no reason to make a government project out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home