Saturday, September 30, 2006

Show and Tell


I know they did it when I was in elementary school. Do they still do it now: Show and Tell? That's where you'd bring something from home and get up in front of the class and tell them about it.

So here's another attempt at a trip down memory lane- My own Show and Tell:

I won this Pocketdish as an instant win in one of the sweepstakes I've been entering. Won it a month and a half or two months ago and had no idea what it was, as all they said on the web site was I'd won a Pocketdish. They said it would take six to eight weeks to arrive. Looks like they got that right.

They said something about a list price of two or three hundred dollars. The Pocketdish site shows this one as valued around $149. Still, a pretty good win, as far as value goes. I have no idea what I'll do with it, though.

It says you can store and watch T.V. and movies on it, or store music. Kinda hard to watch anything on a two inch viewing screen. I'll have to play around with it and see if it's something I'll end up using. If I don't think I'll use it I suppose I can always give it away to someone who will use it.

Strike up another win for the Freddy.

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty cool looking. Congrats on your new win. Maybe if you don't want to use it you could donate it to Miranda's rescue for one of their fundraising efforts.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Uncle Enore said...

If you had two of them you could tape them over your eyes and watch tv that way.

I have the same question about the video iPod thing. I think the technology is pretty neat, but what the hell are you gonna be able to enjoy with a screen that size?

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Good idea about Miranda's. Too late now, though. We gave it to the wife's sister and her family. They can do with it as they see fit. They have two older boys and a teenage daughter, so I'm sure someone will find a use for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home