Sunday, March 18, 2007

UDJ Endorses Faulder For D.A.

I just noticed the Ukiah Daily Journal has endorsed the past Mendocino County District Attorney's right hand man, Keith Faulder, for that seat.

They seem to take issue with one of Faulder's opponents, Meredith Lintott, because she opposed the current special election- the election itself being a result of a court decision. The Journal suggests Faulder was proven right after all was said and done.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Just because a court rules one way or another doesn't necessarily make it right. It just makes it law.


5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Eric V. Kirk said...

I don't know whether the court is right or not, but I don't see why the count had to be blocked or denied the voters.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Agreed. In fact, I think it should have been binding: If Lintott won, no need for another election. She won fair and square. If Vroman won, well...that's a can a worms.

Then it's either a special election or an appointment by the Board of Supes. They've kind of already been through that.

I think to some extent the court decision might have helped her, if one assumes she might have lost. I she would have lost and they would have held a special election with Lintott running again as she is now, it would be a hurdle for her to overcome.

As it is now, I understand her and her supporters have suggested she DID win the first race and use that as a campaign talking point. At least I read somewhere that she claimed she "already won".

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

To clarify that: If the results of the first vote were made public and lintott lost, she'd have that hanging over her head if she'd still decided to run this time. As it is now, no one supposedly knows who won so she can always suggest she did.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She certainly has a lot of campaign signs up and so does Faulder. I heard Faulder on the radio about a month ago answering questions re what he would do if he won. Sounded pretty good to me. Maybe he can be enticed to move here.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Seemed to me, having driven down there and back the last couple days, Faulder had the edge on signs out. Only saw a couple for Schlosser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home