Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sex Offenders On The Street

The Ukiah Daily Journal seems to have their blog up and running again and editor, K.C. Meadows, tells us of a troubling situation in Ukiah (Sept. 7 post). Actually, I'm sure the same thing is playing out across the state with registered sex offenders pretty much being chased from wherever they can find a place to live.

I'm with K.C. This is not an acceptable situation. I might go even further than K.C. in the sort of changes that need to be made, although I'm not quite sure just what those changes might be. For one thing, I think we need to take another look at just what qualifies someone to have to register as a sex offender.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penal colonies. Tougher laws. Life sentences, don't let them out.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same for marijuana growers !

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, I don't known if you notice, but these six scumbbags were living at the Ramada at taxpayer expense. I might add that this was going on all over the state. I use to work probation in Humboldt County and now work work state parole. The average citizen would be disgusted at the amount of money being spent on these parasites. I might add that parole is way easier than probation. I say we set up military tents out in the desert. I would also add that this child molester living in Ukiah was from Vallejo. He claimed he had to move due to a threat on his life. I doubt it. He most likely had to move because the VICTIM has a right to request this parasite not reside in the same county. Check it out. VICTIMS still have SOME rights in the state.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - but they don't have rights in this county thanks to the idiot who is running the DA's office. With him, we give these perverts a gold star instead of bars.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of case turns everybody into judge, jury, and executioner.

In the United States of America, we have laws. Let's let our legal system do its job, and let's stop thinking up more and more cruel ideas about how to punish the offenders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home