Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Good Evening, Weather Fans..."

I didn't notice if KIEM TV weatherdude, Jim Bernard, started off his segment like that last night, but he used to.

In case you weather fans didn't notice, the Times- Standard had an announcement of interest to weather fans today. The U.S. Weather Service has a weather spotter program that uses Joe and Jill Sixpack types to help them gather weather data.

That sounds like fun, although I don't know they'd need a weather spotter right smack in the middle of Eureka as I am. This might be of interest to our very own, Ernie Branscomb, though. Do they have any weather spotters in Southern Humboldt yet?

About the only tough part might be going to the occasional meetings they hold, the first one being this Saturday. I'd go, just for the fun of it, but I'll be working.

So I guess I'm out of the picture, but if anyone wants to know how much rainfall we get right in the middle of Eureka, I do have a rain gauge. As far as the weather spotter program, I hope Ernie takes a shot at it and lets us know how it goes.
**********
Oh...enough said everywhere else about the Clinton appearance at Redwood Acres last night. Here's the news coverage of Clinton's appearance in Napa County. Seems pretty dull the way they write it. I did a short search to see if any Napa or Sonoma County blogs might have some juicier stuff on the affair, as our blogs did for the Eureka appearance, but came up empty.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

"Hello weather fans this is Joe Six-Pack and Ernie. Bringing you the latest weather trivia"

Nah… Everybody know that Jim Bernard is “The Weatherman”. I wonder if anyone knows how lucky we are to have him?

I’ll just stick with the historical stuff, like; “You know this has all happened before”.

Ernie

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Hey, Fred - are you ready to try opening up to un-moderated comments? I keep hoping you will.

You can always just delete the troll.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Well...maybe one of these days. Problem is, the riff- raff that were causing the problems earlier on are still around. As soon as I went un- moderated they'd start endless posts and I'd spend more time deleting than I do moderating.

Besides that, I'll have to admit to liking the quiet around here after I started moderating.

Maybe one of these days, though, Rose.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "troll" was just someone who asked questions that made Fred uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home