Saturday, March 08, 2008

Greenhut on the Recent Home School Ruling

The Orange County Register's, Steve Greenhut, comments on the recent Court of Appeals ruling that might effectively prohibit home schooling in California. That decision has raised eyebrows, if not outrage, even among some Lefties. I agree with Greenhut that this is a serious threat towards liberty and it needs to be overturned, either by a higher court, or the state legislature.

I won't hold out hope for the legislature to act, though. Sure, the Governator is saying the legislature will act to protect parents rights, but the Democrats control the state legislature. Democrats are pretty much joined at the hip with the various teachers unions, most of whom are hostile towards home schooling. We shouldn't look for salvation there.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we'll have to hope for some higher court to overturn this ruling.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Fred didn't like my comment about home schooling, since I don't see it here.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yep. It was really stupid, and I don't allow stupid comments here.

For those of you that are wondering, he pretty much said Homeschooling was an excuse for child abuse.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

The problem with home-schooling is the faculty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home