Monday, October 12, 2009

Latest Win!

Got a phone call about an hour ago. I was a little annoyed as I was in the middle of a fight in Aces High and didn't want to have some telemarketer jerk me around.

Turned out it was the rep from some sweepstakes I entered telling me I was chosen as one of their Grand Prize winners. The prize is a Webber grill. I think it's like the one pictured at left, if I'm remembering the prize and sweepstakes (some "blah, blah tailgate sweepstakes") relation correctly. Or, maybe it's one of those bigger ones. Cool, huh?

The only thing is, we already have one of these Webber portables. No biggie, though. As we often do, we'll find someone in the family that might want it.

Now I'll wait for the affadavit the gal said she'd mail to me. I fill that out and send it back and then she'll have the grill shipped to me. No idea how long that will take.

Pretty neat. I've been thinking this has been a slow year for wins. All I've won, so far, was a Nurf basketball set. Maybe this means my luck is changing?

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an omen, Fred. Clearly a bloggers picnic is supposed to take place at your house.

If you don't want the picnic at your house you could always give the grill to me.....

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

...you could always give the grill to me......

I'll keep you in mind if none of Connie's family wants it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home