Monday, April 30, 2012

Obama: Warrior President

Ouch! A scathing commentary here by Glenn Greenwald taking a look at how left wing types seem pretty impressed with one of the most " ...militarily aggressive American leaders in decades", Barrack Obama. Either that, or they just blow the military stuff off.

Don't expect Romney to use that piece for his campaign, either. From what I've heard from Romney so far, he claims he'll be even "tougher" on other countries than Obama has been.

This seems the perfect opportunity for the peace vote to go third party.

Hat tip to Anti-War.com for the link.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, try reading some viewpoints, once a while, that don't reinforce your personal sense of reality. Progressives HATE Obama's war record and trail of broken promises. Progressives have been extremely vocal on that point. Extremely. If you don't know it, you lead an insular life.

Why do we support him then? Look around -- he's the only option on the table. Tea Party sentiments now control a large portion of the GOP. The stakes are too high to pull another Nader.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I hear from progressives all the time and I feel safe in saying I hear much more from progressives than I do from anyone I would consider right- wing, especially in the local blogosphere.

I rarely hear complaints about Obama's foreign aggressions. If I do, it's more along the line of what you've written: "Oh, well. He may be an sob, but he's OUR sob".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home