Sunday, July 15, 2012

What is.....Jeopardy?

I don't watch Jeopardy much anymore but still consider myself a fan. I've always wondered how they find the contestants and put the show together. Anybody else?

Here's a fun read by a guy that was a contestant- and winner- on Jeopardy, albeit over 20 years ago. I'm sure it's changed a little since then. One thing I never knew was that the audience consists of contestants waiting their turn to play.

He also wrote a piece on how to win at Jeopardy, although I'm not sure anybody would be all that much better prepared for the game after reading it, except for his tips on handling the buzzer.

I used to think I was pretty good at Jeopardy. I've gotten much worse with age as I don't seem to get many answers right anymore. I thought I'd take a shot at the online contestant quiz they use to screen contestants on the show. Unfortunately, those were closed.

Lewrockwell.com did have a version of the contestant quiz linked on their site yesterday. I only scored 63% and that was guessing at probably half the answers. I guess you won't be seeing me on the show.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred: I remember when Jeopardy premiered with Art Flemming as host in 1964. What a different type of game show for all of the others; in the league with Password. Hard to believe that was 38 years ago. (Why do you blame age for not being as good?)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Boy! That's a bit before my time.

As far as blaming age, I don't know. What else could it be? Seemed to me I'd get more answers right twenty years ago. Maybe the questions just got harder?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home