Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The Freddy Does Another LTE

I've been following the water fluoridation controversy in Sonoma County for some time. I wrote a letter to the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat last month in response to someone else's letter on fluoride but never saw it show up. I assumed they decided not to publish it.

I was doing a search on the SRP-D web site this morning trying to find one of my other letters to that paper and stumbled on to that letter. I guess they published it after all. WTG, Freddy!

It's on Page 2 of the letters if this link doesn't take you directly there.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Travis said...

I think that was a good letter Fred. Even if you put aside the fact that fluoride is linked to several different kinds of health Defects And has been proven to reduce IQ's And is also used as insecticide on some crops At the very least people should have a choice whether or not it's in their water But I guess the mining companys has to find some way to dispose of their waist

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

As I see it, the health effects of fluoride isn't a good way to argue against fluoridation. Just as you have made your arguments citing bad health effects, fluoride proponents will come back with any number of arguments touting its benefits.

People will believe what "science" they feel comfortable with. With that in mind, why force your science on others or have others force their science on you? Government should provide potable water and let the consumers decide for themselves what they want to put into it.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Travis said...

That is exactly right but I don't think the argument that fluoride increases teeth enamel strength should out way the fact that it causes reduced IQ's that's a Harvard study by the way
http://www.google.com/search?q=study+that+fluoride+reduces+IQ's&safe=images&hl=en&gl=US&ie&v&client=ms-android-uscellular-us&source=mobilesearchapp-vs&channel=iss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home