Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mysterious Boomer Blown Up?

I heard another one of those mysterious booms this morning. My clock said it went off around 1:41ish. Seemed to come from southeast of my house, as best I could tell. Some on the Lost Coast Outpost said they also heard it. 

I'm wondering if that's the sort of thing this guy in Washington was doing? He's driving around real early in the morning with a large firecracker that blows up in his jeep, taking off his hand. He seems to have had it in his hand and lit it. What else would he be doing at that hour of the morning with a large firecracker? Maybe these mysterious booms aren't just being heard in Eureka?

6 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rule #1: Don't believe what LoCO readers report. There are a thousand different things that go boom in the night (or day) and very few of them are particularly interesting.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And mostly the many booms go unreported. Booms are frequent where I live and no one bothers to report them.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Julie Timmons said...

I'm starting to really feel left out. I haven't heard even ONE of these booms from here (near Murphy's in Cutten).

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie Timmons:

I imagine the Good Boom Fairy will be happy to accommodate you.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I've heard two, both of which seemed to come the west, but one was a bit more north. The one last night seemed more directly west.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching LoCO get excited about illegal fireworks. It's like watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel... a supposedly reputable organization foisting superstition and absurdity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home