Sunday, November 09, 2014

A New, Improved Urgent Care?

A Facebook Friend said she needed to see a doctor and asked if anyone knew of a place to go on Sundays, other than the emergency room. I immediately thought of Urgent Care, but thought they weren't open on Sundays.

Another fellow piped in about Urgent Care saying it was open and gave the web site address. Looking at their web site, it might have gotten a bit more affordable. I emphasize might.

I wrote here some time ago about the last time I went to Urgent Care. It cost me over $300.00 for less than an hour, and that was after a discount or two for paying $50.00 at the start among other things. The new fee schedule looks a bit more affordable if it is as it looks and there's no hidden costs. Standard exams start at $75.00 and go up to $250.00 for the more complex ones. I'd consider that reasonable.

What I'm not sure about is if those just cover clinic charges and not payments to the doctor, nurse practitioner or whomever. Last time I went to Urgent Care I got a bill for the clinic itself, then a few weeks later a bill from the Physician Assistant. The two of them combined went over $300.00. Not sure if their chart includes that sort of thing.

Still, $75.00 isn't bad for urgent medical help. I pay $80.00 now for just a few minutes at Redwood Family Practice. Maybe I should start going to Urgent Care for medical stuff now, if their charges are what they say they are?
 

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in the UK we just go. It doesn't matter what day or what time. The cost of medical treatment isn't a concern at all, except mildly if you have a catastrophic illness, but even then, the cost isn't catastrophic. I don't know how I would live if I had to worry about when and how it was most affordable to see a doctor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home