Monday, June 08, 2015

Review: The Greg Gutfeld Show

Greg Gutfeld is one of my TV favorites. I liked him best on The Red Eye, which he recently left, but not as much on The Five. On Red Eye he comes off as a libertarian. On The Five he seems to me much more the conservative. That left me wondering how he'd come off on his new gig, The Greg Gutfeld Show?

It started a week ago yesterday on the Fox News channel, but how was I going to watch it? It starts at 10pm, way past my normal bedtime. Then last night I saw it listed at 7pm- obviously a re-run. Now I had my chance and told the wife I really wanted to watch it. She didn't object, pointing out there's not much else on at 7pm on Sunday nights. Watch it we did. I wasn't very impressed.

The hour long show has Gutfeld more in his conservative persona. Some funny stuff- even the wife laughed a few times- but nothing that would have me on the edge of my seat wanting more. He had some guests on, but they didn't add as much fun to the show as the panelists on Red Eye or The Five seem to. All in all, a bit too conservative for me. 

His one "liberal" voice on the show was some animated VCR, or some such that would make a comment on occasion. Not really bad comments, but not all that funny, either. I'm not sure why they even bothered adding that to the show.

I hate to say it but I was underwhelmed. Maybe it will get better as time goes on, but there wasn't enough from what I saw last night to make a point of watching it again. Then again, at 7pm on Sunday nights, what else is on?

I still remain a fan of the guy and enjoy his Facebook feed.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The show needs to get rid of the "talking wall". It uses too many old things from RedEye, the "wrap up " person, all the guests from RedEye.Greg was brilliant on Red Eye and great on The Five. But there is nothing new and edgy here. It's a combo of Red Eye and The Five and Fox already has that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home