Thursday, June 04, 2015

Firefox Reader View

Firefox just updated their browser. I noticed yesterday they had added a "Reader View" function. I didn't try it until this morning. Unlike most "new and improved" computer things, I like this one. Takes all the clutter out of the news pages so you don't get all the ads and windows that get in the way of reading. Only tried it twice so far, but I'll likely be using it more in the future. 

You can open Reader View by going to the menu at the top of the window and clicking on "View", then select Reader View. Or, there's an icon in the field where the web site url is.

Addendum: I just noticed it's not available for all web sites. For instance, this blog.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

When my tech installed a popup blocker recently it was like getting a new computer.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Firefox supposedly has a pop- up blocker but it doesn't stop all of them.

Not sure if you could say this Reader View blocks pop ups. It seems to switch to a different window that only shows the text you want to read, leaving out all the other stuff.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Firefox - I use "AdBlocker" which takes care of almost all ads and I also use "Ghostery" this shows all of the cookies, widgets, etc. which get install into your browser when you visit various websites. Ghostery also allows you to block these all or some of these trackers. You'll be amazed by all these trackers which are load into your browser and after you block them on one page they are blocked on every other page too.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Readers view does work with site, I just used it.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Doesn't for me. Icon doesn't show up and it's not listed under the View menu. Maybe it has something to do with screen resolution or the monitor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home