Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Like The MeTV Facebook Page

Any other old TV show fans out there? I like some of the old shows better than I do modern ones. As a result, we end up watching the MeTV network at home quite a bit. MeTV stands for Memorable Television, and it is. A regular in this household is the old Andy of Mayberry show.

Another old show I've always enjoyed is Gilligan's Island, but that's always on past my bedtime so, the other day I decided to contact MeTV and ask them if they could schedule it earlier so I could watch it (I know. Fat chance). Then a friend recommended I just record the shows. DUH!!! Why didn't I think of that?

It's probably been years since I recorded a TV show. Probably because there's so many shows on now there doesn't seem to be much need to. Still, I'll have to see if our old VHS recorder still works and is connected right. I want to go on that three hour tour again.

I'm actually glad I signed on with that MeTV Facebook page. They post any number of quizzes about old TV shows. This one, for instance, where you guess the show after just viewing one freeze frame. I enjoy those quizzes, my only complaint being they often take a while to finish.

Just a suggestion for old TV fans: Add the MeTV Facebook page to your Facebook groups. A fun page to sign up for. 

Oh, and the latest from MeTV: Barney Fife's girlfriend on Andy of Mayberry, Thelma Louise, turned 90 yesterday. I wouldn't have recognized her from the current photo they showed. She lives in Mt. Airy, North Carolina now. Mt. Airy was Andy Griffith's inspiration for the town of Mayberry.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With suddenlink for 5-10 bucks a month you can get a dvr (digital video recorder) and it is saved on your tv

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those old shows are the best. Here I am fortunate to only need my$9.00 "rabbit ears"antennae. With them I receive all the major networks, all PBS, local news, ME TV,COZI TV, and some others. All for the cost of electricity! 😃

 

Post a Comment

<< Home