Tuesday, October 04, 2016

An Argument Agaisnt The A.U.M.A.

The Lost Coast Outpost interviews Hezekiah Allen of the California Growers Association about his opposition to the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, on our ballot next month. Not much there said about harsher penalties for users than current law which was my main concern.

His argument echoes some I've heard parts of from others: that it's preferential to larger businesses and agriculture. He goes on to talk about Big Ag and how harmful it's been to our society. I reject that. I think Big Ag, along with technology, is why we can buy produce in this country fairly cheap.

How that applies to pot farming, I'm not sure, but I don't think Allen makes a good case against A.U.M.A. with that argument alone. In fact, after reading that argument, I'm more likely to vote Yes on the initiative whereas I was leaning towards No.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Ag, with their regulations and subsidies, forced more farms to fold than droughts ever did. They used their power to play the market, even going so far as to pay farmers not to farm.
Left alone in their own world, farmers are what sustain the world.
Bring in Big AG, and suddenly all we hear is the term scarcity. Scarsity. However it's spelled.

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the documentary Food Inc.(free on YouTube). It might illustrate Hezekiahs point a little simpler for you. NO ON PROP 64

 

Post a Comment

<< Home