Wednesday, May 10, 2017

New From Hospice

A friendly gift from Humboldt Hospice I might mention: They brought by a hospital bed yesterday, especially useful since I have a hell of a time getting out of my old bed now. As the nurse mentioned whn discusssing it the other day. I pointed out I couldn't just get out of bed and walk to tee bathroom anymore...he pointed out: "Yep, now you need a plan to get out of bed now". Indeed. I can't just get up and walk off anymore.

This bed helps with that since it raises you to a sitting positiion first. Really, does help. I suppose I should have included a picture,  but it's nice and fits in the one spot we had available. Humboldt Hospice is good!

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humboldt Hospice is a great resource to have available for you. The hospital bed will make a big difference in your getting in and out of bed safely and will also assist family and friends when they're helping. It's nice that you're acknowledging the good work that Hospice does. I'm just sorry that you're finding out how good they are first hand!

Keep writing your blog when you're able. I have always looked forward to your wry observations of the craziness happening around (and to) us,

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Tim Martin said...

I agree, Humboldt Hospice does a wonderful job. When my wife was dying they were indispensable. Not only did they provide us with everything we needed, they also educated our family on the subject of death and dying. They were the best shoulder to lean on I've ever had. I'm not sure I could have made it through Linda's final weeks without them.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Jeeze Fred, I haven't been by your blog for a while and this morning I decided to check in on 'the Freddie' to find absolutely terrible news. It is amazing how mankind's petty differences, (liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc) seem to disappear in a poof of reality.

Even though I never met you personally I always admired your thought provoking postings. You have contributed greatly to the North Coast conversation. May what ever
journey that you are on treat you kindly and with the respect that you certainly deserve.
Ernie

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Ernie, you da man 2!!!!

Fred, hoping you kick that bed like a bad habit for running shoes, BUT not Lonzo Ball's shoes, they are overly price gouging for the benefit of such a young, athletic, bloviated and melodramatic punk arse city slickin' kid who s another wannabe from the dreamy Fresh Prince of Bel Aire lifestyle.....

Keep ballin' Freddie, maintain that bounce, continue the eurosteps......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home