Saturday, April 23, 2011

PG&E: You've Absolutely Won...!!!

Received the following e-mail from PG&E the other day. In part it read:


THANKS FOR CONSERVING GAS THIS WINTER.
You’ve earned a bonus credit of 20%. Look for it on your

March 14, 2011 bill.




Thanks so much for participating in Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s

Winter Gas Savings this January and February.

By conserving gas this past winter, you saved money two ways. You saved once on your monthly gas costs and now a second time with this bonus credit.

Your efforts not only saved you money, they also helped save the environment.



I'm just wondering if anybody else got one of these? Is this something that they're doing with everyone and making it seem like we're special? Just wondering.

We always try to save energy but I don't know that we used less power or that our bill from last month would be any less than it would normally be.

6 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been getting one every other year for as long as I can remember.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I don't recall ever getting one of these before, although I suppose I could have.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always get the letter saying I have the opportunity to save 20% but have never received any letter telling me that I did. If I turned the heat down lower for the months they give credit for I wouldn't need a refrigerator.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

The power co here in flyover country displays a bar graph on all of their bills showing energy consumption for the previous 13 months. We save by using 2 cords of dead trees per winter.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

The PG&E web site has a page that lets you compare your current bill to previous months and years. It even analyzes the numbers and tells you the reason for your bill differences: price of gas or electricity or increased usage. No way to account for using more because it was colder than last year, though.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Humboldt Heretic said...

"...it was colder than last year, though."

Yes; due to global warming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home