Friday, December 23, 2005

New Chief P.O. For Humboldt

Not exactly breaking news but Doug Rasines has been appointed the new Chief Probation Officer for Humboldt. I knew and worked for him when he was Superintendant of Juvenile Hall, as well as his predecessor, Bill Burke, who moved to take the same position for Marin County.

What I'd like to know is what happened to their predecessor, Dave Lehman? He was Chief P.O. for quite a few years and seemed to just disappear. Don't recall seeing anything in the paper about him leaving. Last I heard, he'd been appointed to the State Parole Board, or some such, but I thought that was just something he did on the side. Maybe I got that wrong and it was some permanent job change? You'd think if he had moved on there'd had been a lot of fanfare with the county pols and media (unless he left under less than favorable circumstances?).
**********
This story caught my eye this morning. Sure seems at odds with the idea most of us have of illegal immigrants and those south of the border sucking this country dry. Looks like some of the Mexican folks are better off financially than I am. I would of thought Americans would be crossing the border to do shopping in Mexico for Christmas but I guess it's the other way around.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

I say we annex mexico and force them to assimilate.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I suspect it would likely happen the other way around, Nick.

I forget if it's already happened, or is projected to happen soon, but whites will soon be the minority in California. I suspect most of the non- whites will be from south of the border. Who knows, they might just take over the state via the ballot box.

Think not? Perhaps a bit simplistic, but seems to me that's kinda how Mexico lost Texas and California wasn't it? They kept letting gringos move in and eventually there were enough to help those states secede from Mexico.

Maybe that will happen again in reverse?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home