Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Supes Pass Gay Marriage Resolution

The Fredster is wrong again. I thought the Board of Supervisors would stuff the Gay Marriage resolution away in some corner to avoid having to vote on the subject but they voted to support it. Just as well, as I'm more than sympathetic to the issue. I wondered how Rodoni would vote on it. Looks like he took the Arnold approach and used the "people voted for Prop 22...I must represent my constituents..." argument. That's actually the safest way out of that can of worms although, as I've said many times, just because the people voted for something doesn't make it right.

Whether it's proper for the Supervisors, or a city council, to vote for such empty resolutions in the first place bothers me the most but I won't lose any sleep over them passing this one.
************
Speaking of the Education- Industrial Complex (as I did yesterday), Sacramento Bee columnist, Dan Walters wrote a nice column today on some studies that supposedly show how much higher education helps our economy. Well done, Dan! He's been putting out some good stuff as of late. I especially like his closing paragraph.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Wow! This is progress! All they must do now is note PETA's assertion that "animals are little people in fur coats" and pass a resolution allowing your neighbor too marry her pet ferret. Oops! Pet ferrets are illegal in Kalifornia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home