Friday, March 17, 2006

Neely's Kick Off

Bonnie Neely kicked off her campaign for the Board of Supes yesterday at a press conference in Eureka. Apparently I mis- read the announcement sent out by Local Solutions about the event. I thought it said that Chesbro, Berg and Thompson would be there. Looking at the announcement again, I realized it was just referring to their support for her so I guess they weren't expected to show up.

No real mention of who did show up for her press conference, other than a reference by the Times- Standard to "people from all political persuasions..". Although mention was made of Richard Marks also being in the race, I guess he didn't show up either, at least no mention was made of him being there. I had double dared him in a private e-mail to show up and try to get some press but apparently his cooler mind prevailed.

There still doesn't seem to be any sharp policy differences I can see between Neely and Flemming, other than proposed solutions for the Balloon Tract. I definitely won't be voting for Neely. Whether I vote for either of the two other candidates I'll have to decide later. Either that or I might not vote in that particular race, as I sometimes take pride in doing.

5 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten-four Leonidas, good buddy. Got your message

Reply sent to calrefugee@gmail.com

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Hank Sims said...

Oh, what a bore.

Luckily, I've already developed a strategy for dealing with impersonators. I'll have to implement it over the weekend. I'll announce the change to you, my adoring public, as soon as possible.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred! Come on I need your vote! Vote for Marks!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Richard, are you seriously running? You don't even have a campaign web page.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Oh, wait, I guess you do. I just found it at
http://www.fredtyg.freeservers.com/Marks.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home