Saturday, March 18, 2006

Not Much For Saturday

Not much for the blog today as I've got another project I'm dealing with, plus I have to go to work.

I was going to mention how jealous I am of Jerry Partain for having Congressman Mike Thompson write a letter to the editor to the Eureka Reporter in response to a commentary he posted there. I won't, though, since for some reason it didn't show up on the ER web site.

In the meantime, if you want to test your mental mettle, head on over to the Right On Blog and check out the Would You Pass post of March 17. He has the questions of a Final Exam from an 8th grade class in Kansas, circa 1895. Needless to say, I failed miserably. I don't recall them asking questions like that back in 1969.

6 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

an educated electorate is a threat to the gov't. Water down the education and you eliminate the threat of the people from gov't rule.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water down??
1. Make it "free" and compulsory
2. Indoctrinate all inmates with need for gov't dependence
3. Do not teach how to think but WHAT to think e.g. recycling, "diversity" political correctness and victimhood
4. Destroy the family and substitute worship of the government for traditional religion (except islam which is dedicated to extinguishing western culture and must be tolerated/promoted)
Bingo! We have arrived.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I don't know, Fred, but my kids have received a better eduaction at McKinleyville High than most adults I know. Not only that, but they have been to Europe withe thier European History class, and France with their French class. It's been an extraordinary journey.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Canada is closer and has the largest french population that has never surrendered to the germans :o)

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose spelled "their" wrong

He He

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Rose said...

:) I had more than a few typos in there, 4:35. Education, with and their. I make that mistake alot, typing too fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home