Saturday, July 08, 2006

Clowns: Love 'Em Or Hate 'Em?

Wight Wing Wadical brought up something on his blog I've wondered about most my life: Clowns. Why do circuses still use clowns?

That wasn't exactly what he was commenting on but it struck a chord with me. I've never liked circus clowns. I've always found them creepy, to say the least. Most people I know don't like clowns either, at least the ones I've had the opportunity to ask about it.

So, my latest poll asks how you feel about clowns. Only problem is, I forgot to include a "Not Sure" or "Indifferent", something I always criticize other polls for doing. Oh well, maybe next time.

12 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Wadical said...

You know what my vote is.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

I never found them funny. But creepy? Naw. Guess I'll abstain on this one.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Anon.R.mous said...

How about both?

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The creepiest clown of all is Ronald McDonald. He's not a circus clown or a party clown. He's got a disco Super Cuts hairdoo, feathered and fancy. He's not a funny clown or a goofy clown. He's a responsible clown. Neat and tidy. But how can you be responsible clown?

And he hangs out with Mayor McCheese and the Hamburglers.

Kind of a questionable crowd, don'tcha think?

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clowns,can't live wtih 'em, can't live without 'em.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate clowns like Chris Crawford.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"Pennywise said".

Hmmm...that name rings a bell. Sounds real creepy to me.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't clowns beat the shit out of mimes whenever they encounter one?

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate clowns. These days they don't even bother wearing make-up. Head clown Kevin Hoover of the Arcata Eye and the Arcata City Clouwncil.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought mimes beat the shit out of clowns.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in self defense.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today we learn that clowns are beating the shit out of people in Seattle parks! Also, I can't find my pair of huge shoes. Who else but a clown could have any possible use for them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home