Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ooops!

Looks like that My Word column in the Times- Standard yesterday about soboriety check points wasn't written by Jim Garvey. It was written by John Birch Society member, Gene Owens, as the Times- Standard explains.

I thought so. I'll admit to not being too familiar with Jim Garvey and whatever issues he writes about (wasn't he a member of that California Seniors Legislature, or whatever it's called?). I am a bit familiar with Gene Owens' writings and, when reading that My Word column yesterday, thought it was probably written Owens until I got to the end and saw it attributed to Garvey.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Joel Mielke said...

The Times Standard has removed the piece by Gene Owens from its website, though it has left up its apology to Jim Garvey. They should apologize to Gene Owens for linking him to Jim Garvey. This is a case in which the squeaky wheel got all of the grease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home