Sunday, August 20, 2006

Wings Air

I never knew my heart throb, Ilana Mercer, owns (or is part owner) of a private airline. I'd never heard of Wings Air before, either. Private (charter) airlines are nothing new, but it looks like these folks are making charter flights affordable to the less affluent types.

Small planes, with no TSA hassles, for the average folk. Looks like a limited range of destinations but, while the few destinations they have listed are in the southeast, they also say Choose your own destination. Might they consider Mckinleyville Airport?

Maybe Leonidas should check in with these folks next time he heads west? They seem to be centered in Atlanta. Don't know if they'll let him take his pistol onboard but there's no harm in asking.

It would be fun to have them open a branch of Wings Air up here.

6 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Actually, reading further on her blog, it looks like she might not be an owner of Wings Air. I left a comment asking about it.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her blog is a fun read, Fred. Very interesting. Thanks.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

You're welcome. Problem is, she blogs about the Israel/ Palestinian issue too much, so I don't spend a lot of time there. I just check in each day and see what the subject is. If it's on the Israel vs. Palestinian thing, I move on.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger ΛΕΟΝΙΔΑΣ said...

Sorry Fred. Too rich for this "racist/bigot/libertarian's" blood. They will allow the .357 magnum on board but do not fly as far as Kalifornia unless on charter. I will have to rely on "Nessie" (the F250 4x4) or the Passat turbo 1800 for any future journeys to OZ.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger FaulknA said...

Hate to burst your bubble but it looks like Robert Rurpard owns it and he's asking her to fly with him. Check out the bottom of her antry. Hell, if I was Robert I want her to fly with me too!

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Nick Bravo said...

smaller planes are the wave of the future in my opinion, less hassle but really only practical if you can afford it. Is flying becoming a privilege for the rich who can afford to be treated like civilized people whereas the poor are to be humiliated and scrutinized? Could the same thing happen to driving someday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home